Hey there!

This site has been closed, and a new one has been created!
<a href>http://lastairbender.forumotion.com/</a>

- Liao Lai, Administrator.
Hey there!

This site has been closed, and a new one has been created!
<a href>http://lastairbender.forumotion.com/</a>

- Liao Lai, Administrator.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This RP has been closed! There's a new one: The Last Airbender: New Chapters See you there!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This RP has been closed, but there is a newer, better one! Click to visit! The Last Airbender: New Chapters See you there!
This RP has been closed, but there is a newer, better one! Click to visit! The Last Airbender: New Chapters See you there!

FIRE LORD"S SPEECH

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gin Lei
Admin
Gin Lei

Character Sheet
Position: Assassin
Nation: Fire Nation

FIRE LORD"S SPEECH Empty
PostSubject: FIRE LORD"S SPEECH   FIRE LORD"S SPEECH EmptyMon Jul 04, 2011 6:30 pm

The fire lord had called all the civillians and former soidlers to the main street of Caldera City He had a speech a speech of hope and trust. People filed the street women, men, and even children The speech stood up on the balcony above the street he began to make his speech as the crowd noticed his entrance he began to speak showing his face to the crowd.

'Welcome Fellow citizens of the fire nation, I brought you here for a simple reason, Yes some people feel that we are weak and powerless, because of my decision to lower are military',Yes it may have seemed weak but there was a good reason you people would not understand.

Peace is what were going to get, I will not be talked to like a pawn in the ocean. Peace, Is what some seek as do I mostly.I know the wrong's ive done Iv'e known the rights.Peace can make changes in life.

It is not power that corrupts but fear.Fear of losing power corrupts those who wield it and fear of the scourge of power corrupts those who are subject to it.Emerald cool we may be
As water in cupped hands
But oh that we might be
As splinters of glass
in cupped hands.

Glass splinters, the smallest with its sharp, glinting power to defend itself against hands that try to crush, could be seen as a vivid symbol of the spark of courage that is an essential attribute of those who would free themselves from the grip of oppression.

As of now The military is back open. those who became rebels may come back without punishment, becaue I understand how it was to have a weak lord. The effort necessary to remain uncorrupted in an environment where fear is an integral part of everyday existence is not immediately apparent to those fortunate enough to live in states governed by the rule of law. Just laws do not merely prevent corruption by meting out impartial punishment to offenders. They also help to create a society in which people can fulfil the basic requirements necessary for the preservation of human dignity without recourse to corrupt practices. Where there are no such laws, the burden of upholding the principles of justice and common decency falls on the ordinary people. It is the cumulative effect on their sustained effort and steady endurance which will change a nation where reason and conscience are warped by fear into one where legal rules exist to promote man's desire for harmony and justice while restraining the less desirable destructive traits in his nature.

The quintessential revolution is that of the spirit, born of an intellectual conviction of the need for change in those mental attitudes and values which shape the course of a nation's development. A revolution which aims merely at changing official policies and institutions with a view to an improvement in material conditions has little chance of genuine success.

IF ITS A WAR THEY WANT THEY WILL DAMN SURE GET IT BECAUSE IM NOT GOING ANYWHERE!!!The fire lord roared to the crowd cheers filled the whole fire nation.

Back to top Go down

FIRE LORD"S SPEECH
Page 1 of 1