Hey there!

This site has been closed, and a new one has been created!
<a href>http://lastairbender.forumotion.com/</a>

- Liao Lai, Administrator.
Hey there!

This site has been closed, and a new one has been created!
<a href>http://lastairbender.forumotion.com/</a>

- Liao Lai, Administrator.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This RP has been closed! There's a new one: The Last Airbender: New Chapters See you there!

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
This RP has been closed, but there is a newer, better one! Click to visit! The Last Airbender: New Chapters See you there!
This RP has been closed, but there is a newer, better one! Click to visit! The Last Airbender: New Chapters See you there!

The Coalition Arrives.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet
Position: General
Nation: Fire Nation

The Coalition Arrives. Empty
PostSubject: The Coalition Arrives.   The Coalition Arrives. EmptyTue Jul 05, 2011 12:53 am

Vlace watched as his home island slowly came closer and closer. The White Lotus Flag was sailing high in the sky, even as the sun set over the island disappearing behind the volcanoe. Vlace watched as the people crowded around the docks trying to get a glimpse of the people on board. The soldiers on the boat were all lined up in ranks and in full body armor.

Vlace's heart rammed in his chest fifty beats per second and it kept on jumping into his throat. He was returning home and he wondered what people would think of him. He looked back at the assembled troops and said over the roar of the engine, " I ask that you stay on the ship. As we don't want to give the wrong impression to these people."

As the ship tied up and the ramp lowered to the dock Vlace looked around the ship hoping for a glimpse of the avatar. Frusteration hit him when he saw she wasn't there. "Always behind me... Yeah right." He thought bitterly.

As he walked down the ramp he felt everyone's eyes on him, some filled with fear as their eyes flicked from the boat to him and back again, some with anger, and some with happiness. Vlace continued past these people and realized that fire nation soldiers were standing in between them and him, just in case, he assumed. He saw a group of people standing at the end of the dock and knew that thet were part of the upper class. They were here to meet him. Vlace looked for his cousin but caught no sight of him.

Vlace greeted them and they welcomed him politely some people even bowing. The leader of the procession stood foward and said with a heavy voice, "General Vlace... Fire Lord Lei is no where to be found... We think that he... That he... Committed suicide."

The words him harder and hurt him more than if a ton of bricks had been dropped off the edge of space and landed on him. Vlace staggered back and looked around the group to see if he could find someone that would tell him that they were kidding or lying. But nothing. Some of them were even crying. Vlace quickly swallowed his emotions and said without anything influxing his voice, "Alright. So I guess that means I am the fire lord."

The leader of the group nodded and handed him something wrapped in a cloth. Vlace looked at it and it was the Fre Lord Crown. Vlace looked at it and debated whether he really wanted to do this. He thought of the avatar and how she wanted him to. And he would do almost anything for her but... This was something he really didn't want. He hated even touching the crown. He thought about the honor and the duty that was his and he still couldn't put it on. He looked up into the sky and thought of Lei and his children. "Lei... I am doing this for you." With that he put on the crown, went over to the side of the dock and puked. After he was done wretching he looked up at the group of people that were now surrounding him.

He didn't feel like a speech so he said, "Fire Lord Lei... Unfortunately has passed away, so I shall be the Fire Lord until we find a heir for the throne. Meanwhile I know of the rebellion and of the pirates to the south, and I shall take care of them. The coalition of nations, the Army of the White Lotus is here to help us. They do not harbor any resentment over the past weeks and they are going to do everything in their power to help us restore peace. The avatar is among them and so is the Earth King and some of the water tribe leaders."

He looked back at the ship hoping for her to be there, but she wasn't. He went over by the water and threw up again.
Back to top Go down

Character Sheet
Position: Avatar
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: The Coalition Arrives.   The Coalition Arrives. EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:08 am

Kiari could see the fire nation from the ship. She had a sickly feeling in her gut that grew with every inch that the ship cruised closer to the shoreline of the land of fire. She could feel that it wasn't over, there was still fighting to be had and something was off and she could feel that from miles away.

She looked down and sighed as she closed her door. She had to contact the spirits at least one more time before they landed and before shit started to hit the fan. She had to stop whatever it was from happening, there was no sense of loss to be had, she wouldn't let more lives be wasted.

She began to meditate and her soul was quickly sent tot he spirit realm. But before she knew it she was back, laying on the floor gasping for breath. she regained herself and looked through the window of the ship only to see they where about to land.

Kiari regained herself from her quick exit from the spirit world and started to get ready to go up onto the deck. That is when it all started to happen.

The boat docked and everything set into play. She hadn't noticed the group approaching the ship until they where already there. She ventured tot he side of the ship and sat on the edge, she was appealingly unnoticed, this was Vlace's time time shine.

She listened and watched everything going on, she heard what vlace had to say and chuckled slightly. Then he ran twordes her and puked over the railing right next her and he didn't seem to take notice of her " congrats there champ, very gracious " She would say with a soft smile.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Coalition Arrives.   The Coalition Arrives. EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:38 am

He heard her voice and as he wretched and he looked up at her sitting on the railing so chill and everything seemed better. If only a little bit, it was still better. He smiled a weak smile at her, and said with a shaky voice in a joking manner, "I was always the more graceful of the two when it came down to me and Lei." He looked down into the water and wretched another time. He stook his hand into his puch and pulled out a White Lotus petal and put it into his mouth. He looked at Kiari and made a face showing his dislike for the taste. "They might look pretty and mean something great, but boy, do they taste really bad."
He stood up tall, Vlace again, his sudden sickness seemingly gone and he winced but it was a quick grimace then it was gone behind the mask of a cocky sob. He was smiling his arrogant smile and looked up to the palace and the city and he spread his arms dramatically introducing the city, "Welcome to the Fire Nation Capitol. The city of romance and love, but only in times of peace. Otherwise it is a hell hole. And even that might be giving it a little to much credit." He stopped for a second then said his arrogance gone, "I am glad you are here. I am glad you watched it... The... you know... When I took the crown. It means a lot to me."
His throat caught and then he was back to his arrogant self with the mask. "Now Avatar? Do you want to sit in the ship and rot away sleeping? Or do you want to come and see what the city is like? And we coud visit my home and my garden, and have the most wonderful tea you have ever tasted... Also food is high on my list as I just..." He looked over the edge of the dock and with a raised eyebrow motioned his head in that direction.

"Up to you."
Back to top Go down
Commander Ryota

Commander Ryota

Character Sheet
Position: Fire Nation Commander

PostSubject: Re: The Coalition Arrives.   The Coalition Arrives. EmptyWed Jul 06, 2011 1:46 am

Ryota stood alongside the people as Vlace made his mediocre speech. Ryota swapped his armor for a more causal garb, though his noble status was clearly seen by his clothing. The Fire Lord was dead, committing suicide was a cowards way out. Ryota clinched his fist the late Fire Lord must of had his demons just like the rest of the world his attack of the water tribe must of weighed heavily on his mind. Ryota shook his head, maybe Fire Lord Vlace could bring prosperty to the Fire Nation. And I will do my duty as a Fire Nation commander to aid him in this task. Ryota was shaken back by reality as the whispers of the common folk caught his ear. The word avatar caught his ear and he repeated the word to himself. "The avatar is here I heard she was beautifull." Ryota said silently to himself. "She is said to be the gem of the water tribe." a old man said as he patted Ryota on the back. "Your the Fire Nation's commander correct? You saved my daughters life, she told me of the battle you had with the rebel general. I have to say she has quit the crush on you boy." The old man had a chuckle in his voice. He was dressed in typical common cloths and was dusty and dirty from the looks of it you could tell he was a metal worker possibly someone who built the tanks for the fire nation. " Your welcome Sir but honestly I was just doing my duty." Ryota said to the man. If the avatar is here then I'm going to meet her.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Coalition Arrives.   The Coalition Arrives. EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 3:40 am

Vlace didn't give her time to respond. He took her hand and dragged her along the dock heading for the closest set of stairs that would lead them into the city. He called excitedly back to her, "There is so much to do and so little time. By the end of tonight you shall see the entire city in all its greatness." As soon as he entered the city he quickly led her through some streets and took a side narrow alley that led to the main street of the city.

The city was still jumping about and was entering the night time festivites. Lamps were all about, lighting the way and people were everywhere smiling and laughing. It was a fun, exciting atmosphere and it was contagious. Pretty soon the two of them were laughing as Vlace showed her everything that he knew she would find interesting. He had traveled the world before and had studied the different cultures and knew what would interest and awe her. He was in his element and he knew it.

The night wore on and they were still having a grand time but the festivities were coming to a close. He said to her, "I have one more place to show you." He walked with her slowly up to the royal sector which was on higher ground and he took a small path that was dirt away from the city. Their laughter rang through out the crater and as they walked along he slowly slipped his hand around hers and she didn't pull away. a house presently appeared. It was a big house, and nice looking even in the dark.

He brough her inside and showed her around saving the best part for last. He brought her out to the courtyard in the middle of the house and in it was a garden unlike any other. Flowers were everywhere with waterfalls and fountains and ponds, with fish and with out them and small creeks. And the moon shone down illuminating a lot but Vlace held up his finger and lit a dozen or more lanterns that reflected brilliantly in the water. Leading her to a rock that was obviously for meditating he pointed down to a pond were white lotuses were growing. In every pond white lotus were growing which added to teh baeuty of it all.

They sat in silence for a while enjoying the night and the serenity of it. "What do you think? What did you think of the Capitol? And this?"
Vlace held his breath wanting to continue... 'About me...' But kept it to himself. He waited for answer.
Back to top Go down

Character Sheet
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: The Coalition Arrives.   The Coalition Arrives. EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:13 am

Kiari thought for a moment on how to respond to Vlace's question, for a moment she thought, she didn't really care much for any of the scenarios he had mentioned but she chose anyway. But before she had the chance to speak Vlace grabbed her hand a pulled on it hard. She stumbled along after her him as he pulled attempting to keep up but sort of failing as they entered the city.

He dragged her through the fire nation capitol. She was pulled through every nook and cranny of the fire nation capitol. She had seen the city before while she was being raised as the Avatar, she had seen most of the city before, including most of the things that Vlace had shown her.

While she had seen most of the city it was a fun time, Vlace entertained her along their escapades of the city. And then he said there was one more stop. They entered his home which was nice on its own and the garden was amazing. " The capitol is Very nice, as is your garden" She would say with a smile at Vlace.
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Coalition Arrives.   The Coalition Arrives. EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:28 am

Vlace looked around and then back at her sweeping his hands in a dramatic guesture, and was going to say something but switched it fast with only a moments hesitation. He said, "Avatar... What do you thin about this? What do you think about me becoming the fire lord and raising Lei's children? What fo you think about the White Lotus army? What are we going to do? What are you going to do?"

His head bowed into his chest as he started to wind down. He was home, in his garden, and he was with the avatar. He was consumed with doubts about everything and he knew that there was something that they just weren't getting. Something wasn't adding up. But just like before the more he thought and tried to put it together, the more it eluded him. And his sickness wasn't making it any easier either. He could feel the pain building up threatening to topple him but he leaned against a tree making sure to show no pain. She couldn't know.

He was careful making sure to only have the episodes inside his room at the boat. And Kaero knew... That would be a problem if they crossed swords. But he kept it at bay. He was running on empty, but the nightmares kept him up at night as he was scared to go to sleep. The mighty general afraid to to sleep, afraid of the dark.

He was brought back to the present by a fish jumping out of the water and his gaze was restored from the distant look to the ever focused and watchful gaze. He looked at the avatar waiting for an answer.
Back to top Go down

Character Sheet
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: The Coalition Arrives.   The Coalition Arrives. EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:34 am

Kiari sighed. " Honestly, the more i think about it the more i see it un-fit that you be fire lord, i don't know why. I think you will raise his children right. But i'm not sure about the army, but it is quite impressive. And i'm not sure about the future, only time will tell."
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Coalition Arrives.   The Coalition Arrives. EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:45 am

The general felt his frusteration well up but he quickly covered it up by biting the inside of his lip, almost completely put out. The avatar wasn't telling him much he didn't already know. He knew that he might have been the most knowledged person about everything that was happening so he knew it shouldn't surprise him.

He said with a smile and eyes that were sparkling, "You want tea and talk about fire nation and army affairs? Or is it past your curfew and you need to return to the boat?"
He was teasing her and she could take either one. But he played it so that if she had to go back he would be able to tease her for it.

"I am going to have to do fire lord stuff so another night of no sleep for me. So I have things to do if you can't or don't want to stay. And if you want I have a few spare bedrooms that you could sleep in... If you choose to stay."
Back to top Go down

Character Sheet
Nation:

PostSubject: Re: The Coalition Arrives.   The Coalition Arrives. EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 1:48 am

The avatar would sigh " i think we should talk a little bit of whats to come. " she would think for a moment " We need to dismantle the fire nation army, and what are your plans as fire lord ?"
Back to top Go down
Fire Lord Vlace

Fire Lord Vlace

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Coalition Arrives.   The Coalition Arrives. EmptySat Jul 09, 2011 2:13 am

Vlace quickly eyed the avatar with disaproval on his face, "We cannot disband the army now with Haro still abroad and the Dragon to our south. That is just asking for defeat. My plan is simple. Get off for one of the twins ASAP. I am going to lead the attack on the Black Dragon and I hope that you shall be there.

Kiari... We are talking about the twins and the only way I can see of raising them properly is with a mother for them. Some one they can go to just in case... Just in case I don't..."

He sighed heavily in defeat realizing that he had to tell her his predicament. He began in resignation ringing in his voice, " I have an illness, and a bad one too. The illness is not able to be cured and what happens is I deal with pain and a lot of other side effects. But the thing is that at any moment I might... You know... The white Lotus petals slow the effects down but... I don't have any idea how long I actually have to live. I could live till I am eighty and old and fat or until tommorow. The pain is so bad that I... Writhe for hours on end. Sleeping also helps but... I don't do that a lot either."

"So in the event that I keel over and die... I need someone strong enough to take my place as guiding them. And I thought about just having someone to send them to but I am afraid that if they are to much like their father someone already needs to be on the inside ready to pick them up. They need a mom... And our world is on such a fragile thread if even one of them goes evil... It will be the end of the peace we know and love. Aang and their groups fight would have been in vain. No matter what we do we are linked to their destiny's. Do you see it?"
Back to top Go down
Taro

Taro

Character Sheet
Position: Wandering Swordsmen
Nation: Earth Kingdom

PostSubject: Re: The Coalition Arrives.   The Coalition Arrives. EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 12:46 am

Taro was up to his eyes in redirections. He never mangaged to find the general, and at this point. He didn't care. The Coalition was nothing but a beauricratic mess, Taro wasn't even sure what was holding the whole thing together. Whatever it was, Taro wasn't interested in finding out. The swordsmen walked down the ramp of the ship, his feet finally setting foot on the ground of the fire nation. A nation in turmoil. His presence here would be noted for sure. His green and yellow Earth Kingdom clothes didn't blend in with the fire nation's average attire.

He walked down the crowded streets of the harbor city. It was filled with assorted merchants and coalition members. Taro strode past them, throwing up his hood and walking down the main road out of the city. After a mile of walking, he met a man driving a cart from the city and asked if he could get a ride. The man agreed, warning him not to eat any of the cargo, and the two were off down the road.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Coalition Arrives.   The Coalition Arrives. Empty

Back to top Go down

The Coalition Arrives.
Page 1 of 1